Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Home Takes Time



Home wasn't built in a day.
Jane Sherwood Ace

I love that quote.  It fits the 200 year-old home of one of my favorite clients, who really has become like a long lost friend rather than a client.  (I love when that happens.)  I did most of her first floor four years ago, and it struck me while visiting today that "home" is a word we ought to reserve for a sanctuary; one that has taken on a  warm patina from the lives that it holds within its walls.  Home tells a story.  And when you walk into this home, you know exactly what kind of people live there, even if you never were to meet them.  That's a home. 




Sometimes, I think we can get caught up in the make-it-beautiful-now emotions of decorating (especially when you do it for a living!).  But keep in mind that taking your time can be the quickest route to home. (Hey, can I quote me on that? lol)
Thoughts?
Talk to you soon,
Carol



Let's work together for the home you've always wanted.  Email me at
SofasandSage@gmail.com

 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Carol, I totally agree! Decorating for me takes so much time. . .xo Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a home is most important...sometimes I just have to let a few messes slide. But I do like it to be as pretty as in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Its true...Love your posts anyway,So beautiful.I'm all about the small things that make a house a home! thanks for sharing...love your Blog-site.

    ReplyDelete