Friday, November 29, 2013

Christmas Decorating: Tablescapes and Chandeliers

While I'm working on this year's decorating, I started going through pictures from the past couple of years, and I thought you might like to see them, too.  It's always a challenge to reinvent what I have,  but here are a couple of examples of how I've given the same old thing new looks.

 First, my chandelier.  It's a very simple Pottery Barn one from seven years ago.  But its shape lends itself to some serious Christmas decorating...



The above was 2010, and I did a fairly natural thing with greens draping down.  For New Years the following week, I changed it to a snowy white theme, with snowflakes.  It's actually tough to get great images of a chandelier without all the background of the dining room, so I like close ups...


 In 2011, I went monochromatic and more glam to work with my drapes.  I love the gold glitter pine cones, which are finding their way to my tree this year...



 After Christmas that year, I redid my living room wallpaper, so the chandelier last year tied into the new found off whites in the room, and I kept it simple and airy...


 It's a tradition that I change the living room theme every year, and my girls love to see what I come up with.  The one constant, however, is that my snowflakes always hang from the chandelier, no matter what else I do...


 I have no idea what I'm doing in there this year.  I'm hoping inspiration strikes this weekend!  Now onto my table.  I have had my Macy's Christmas china for 20 years (hello, where did that time go), and every year I try to reinvent how I use that, too.  I have done a million tablescapes, but honestly, the images are all on my desktop and on past blogs, and it takes forever to get to them.  Soooo, I'm just going to show you a few shots from the past couple of years.



 The one above is one of my favorites.  I made the white "trees" in the pots by spraying some branches from the yard.  The original dark blue of the pots went gold, but then black in the following tablescape (reinvent, reinvent)!


 If you've been reading me lately, you've seen a few of this year's tablescapes here.  The shot below is one I was working on the other day...




 Well, my friends, I hope you had an amazing and heartfelt Thanksgiving, and I wish you nothing but peace and joy on this first "official" day of the Christmas season.  Happy decorating!!

Linking up to Common Ground.  Come be inspired!


2 comments:

  1. Carol, Your photos are stunning. I love how you dec out your chandelier. I try to do something a little bit different each year too. I think that is why decorating takes me days!! Had a great thanksgivings, hoping you did too. Hugs.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol you have some serious "gorgeousness" going on here. your tablescapes and chandy decorating are just so so pretty. Love the snowflakes on the chandy, and I have to tell you I'm in love with your Dining Room wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete