Saturday, November 16, 2013

6 Wilson's Christmas Living Room Phase 1

  I know it's early, I know.  But I couldn't wait to get started on my living room, and I hope it might inspire you to get going, even if it's just to plan the magic you will create in your own space this holiday season.





A few weeks back, I hung the new drapes I had done this summer, and painted, too.  As soon as it started coming together, I knew I wanted a monochromatic scheme for Christmas this year.  Well, until the family tree goes up, that is.  My teenagers love tradition, so a tree to coordinate completely is out.  Hence, my living room, Phase 1, just for me.  And hopefully, as a bit of inspiration for you.

So, here we go...






The tree will go where the black chest is, and that will take residence in the dining room, but for now, it holds my decorations.








The blue greens are a nod to the color of the drapes in my adjacent dining room, and the blue of my living room ceiling.





The coffee table is pretty simple, to leave space for drinks and nibbles in the coming weeks.





Holiday decoration doesn't need to be complicated.  A few old gold beaded strands from years past, pine cones I've collected over the past few seasons, and candles are really all it takes to set a mood.





I made a point to coordinate the large wreath over the sofa with the room and the pillows below it.  I think this kind of attention to detail makes a difference, don't you?




 
 

The smaller wreaths on the single windows are much more simple, with only the pearl beads and pine cones.  Since the tree will eventually stand between those windows, I didn't want a lot of completion going on. 
 
 
 


See what I mean...







I hope you've enjoyed my little tour.  I will be back to show more as things progress to Phase 2 (the tree) and beyond.  Christmas is my most favorite time of the year for so many reasons.  I'm looking forward to sharing it with you.
 
If you need holiday decorating help, contact me over at Carol Beck Interiors
if you are local to Massachusetts.  I still have one slot open.

3 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful Carol! Wish I was drinking my coffee in there this morning. :-). Love the gold beads and the ribbon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Are you sure you actually live there? The living room looks like it belongs in a magazine! very beautiful and very warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your living area (especially the ottoman in leopard print) it is so beautiful and I hesitated last week purchasing the blue ornaments for my tree well not now I will be going back to get them.

    ReplyDelete