Sunday, November 24, 2013

In or Not, I Love Brown Rooms

  This Pinterest image stopped me in my tracks I was wandering through Christmas inspiration...


via

Brown and ivory is on my list of favorites, always has been, before the brown trend, and still now after its demise.  It's just so dang warm , with a stay-a-while attitude.  If the room above were mine, I confess the stockings would be brown velvet with black trim and cream monograms.  The chairs, which I adore, would have black pillows instead of gold.  Maybe, just maybe, there would be a small, creamy faux-fur rug between those chairs for bare feet to warm up on by the fire.  And how about that mirror?  Hello, it's warm and gorgeous and natural feeling like all of those browns...

Here's a ceramics pattern by Juliska I have been coveting, I confess, that in my mind would be on the dining table in the adjacent room.  With lots of red berries and pinecones on the table, too.


via
 Wouldn't that be spectacular on a worn, warm brown dining table?

So that's my bit of dreaming for this Sunday evening as I plan the week ahead.  I hope your days before Thanksgiving this week are filled with calm and time for grateful reflection.  Stay sane, peeps!


5 comments:

  1. When was the brown trend and when did it go out? Oh, wait; I don't care. I love that room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the browns.. totally. Such a great neutral to use with other colors. You should let yourself succumb to those plates. I did. And I love them, hors d'oeuvres, salads, dessert. They are just perfect for so many things. :) Happy Thanksgivings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely. I still enjoy dark walls of any color..I saw some brown and white oriental porcelains the other day which I would have loved…something different. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving! xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these lovely inspirations, Carol! Have a wonderful and warm Thanksgiving!!
    Cheers,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh beautiful room and I too love the Juliska ceramics!! I am so far in the sticks, that I didn't know that brown was "out"....for me it is an ongoing love affair. (but I still love brass too, so I am VERY far out of date :^(
    Thank you for the lovely posting.
    Blessings,
    J

    ReplyDelete