Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Black, White and Red Christmas Tablescape and a Great Tip

 

Today, I'm showing you how I changed my black, white and green tablescape to red.  In yesterday's post, the black and white table runner set the tone for a traditional-modern table setting. In this red setting, I took away the bright green and added more tradition while keeping the look fresh.

Here's the table in red...







I took away the white table cloth and changed out the chargers from green to gold.  Then I added red napkins instead of white, layering them between the charger and the dinner plate for drama on the plate.







The square white plates from Home Goods add a touch of modern, I think, and set off the traditional salad plates I've had for 20 years. 





I bought the red berry sprigs at a nursery last year, and kept them for just the right occasion (true confession: I am an anything- Christmas hoarder.)   I added them to the plate for additional color and interest, and tied them with an organza ribbon to bring the black onto the plate as well.  If you go back to the first image above, you'll see I did the same thing with a thicker grosgrain ribbon in the green setting.





So here's the Tip: using a dramatic table runner or tablecloth can help you create a beautiful, interesting table without adding a lot of fancy dishes and decorations.  So, if your budget or is tight or your decorations are scarce, go for impact with linens that you can use on other occasions.   This table runner can be found here.




I hope you feel inspired!  I'm off to figure out my next table to show you, and start planning what I'm bringing to Thanksgiving next week!

Have a great day.
Join me over at French Country Cottage for some great inspiration in Feathered Nest Friday!
For help creating a home or a table you love, contact me at CarolBeckInteriors.com

2 comments:

  1. I can tell this is something you love do to. I'll bet your table looks this beautiful for dinner every night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love creating tables capes too! And I love seeing how others use their dishes and linens in creative ways.
    Your table is lovely.

    ReplyDelete