Monday, March 25, 2013

Beautiful Bedrooms

Okay, so the older I get, the more I decorate in my head, rather than applying the energy and time required to make changes in my own house.  Maybe it's because I decorate and design every day in a design showroom, or maybe it's because I run my teenagers around instead of working on my house.  Whatever the reason, I've found myself thinking about the state of my bedroom tonight, which leads me to this post.

I love beautiful bedrooms.  My own could use some attention, and I find the following completely inspiring, for different reasons, as I redo my room in my head.  Again.  Let's look...





The drama of the bed and mirror above totally get me, as does the unexpected fabulousness of the duvet cover below...





This next one has a raw honesty about it that really appeals to my simpler side...





So I will always love toile.  I just will.






If you've been with me for a long time, you know my first love is always window treatments (even though I'm now doing pillows at 6 Wilson).  These drapes below are just so warm...






When I saw this next image, I had to stare at it.  And then stare at it. again.  The dark walls, the artwork, the collected authenticity of it just makes me stop and look.  And admire.




This next one just says pretty home to me.





Another bedside shot, with the Klismos design of the chair making it all so chic.





But, at the end of the day, this next one is where I'd want to put out the light.  Like tonight.  I'm a traditional girl at heart, and I crave beautiful comfort above all else in my home.  No pretense, just signs of a true and comfortable family life.




What about you?  What kind of look do you dream about for your bedroom?


5 comments:

  1. I'm sure you know the one I love is with the fabulous duvet cover! But all of them look so peaceful and lovely. Ahhhhh....

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all really beautiful but I think the one with dark walls is my favorite. Did you notice how reflective the walls are? They're like glass. But couldn't they have painted the outlet covers?

    Your favorite actually surprises me the most. I didn't think you were that traditional.

    I'd love to see more that bathroom with the gray vanity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes they could have painted those outlet covers!!! Love the last one.. the cushy comfy of the upholstered headboard, the antiques.. the pretty pictures.. I love my bedroom, although it turned out much more energetic than I had planned. I just went back to the blog and I haven't changed anything in the bedroom since the drapes came.. Yep, I'm happy with comfortable! Have a beautiful day and a blessed Easter!! xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful pictures. I love the one with the dark walls...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post thanks for sharing. Here at The Fitted Bedroom Centre we love to share inspirational design ideas and look forward to reading your future posts too.

    ReplyDelete