Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Decorated VS. Collected

 I couldn't possibly agree with this more...



I like it when there's some personality, not just trend after trend...




Maybe a favorite color reigns supreme, just because...





I really love to get a sense of who lives in a house, right when I come in the door.  Can't you just imagine who lives here from this image...




Or this next one?  Totally different, but welcoming because they look collected...





This kitchen looks like it evolved, don't you think?  The beams and the brick totally appeal to me (shhh..I would have used soapstone on the counter tops, though).


Source: indulgy.com via Carol on Pinterest


Whether these images are your taste or not isn't really the point. Collecting pieces and colors and weaving them into your home is what makes it your own.  And when you hire a decorator or designer, make sure you let them know what you prefer -- decorated or collected.  It makes a big difference in the end.

Hope you all are enjoying your week!

3 comments:

  1. The trick is to add unique pieces so it doesn't look like you bought it from a catalog. Your right....it needs to look collected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you about preferring collected to decorated. I have a friend who is just the opposite, she'll buy every piece in a catalog display. She just did that with her bedroom. She made the comment that she wanted everything to match and go together, and I had to laugh, because I'm just the opposite. I want everything to go together, but not match...I want it to look like the pieces were collected over time rather than bought at once.

    Oh! and I also completely agree with you about that countertop. Soapstone would have been much better!

    ReplyDelete