Sunday, March 3, 2013

Banquettes - Love 'Em or Leave 'Em?

Is it me, or are you seeing banquettes everywhere, too?  I'm thinking about suggesting one for a client's kitchen, so I started collecting images on Pinterest.  Let's take a look, shall we?



Source: houzz.com via Carol on Pinterest











This next one is a bit too blue for me, but the architecture is fantastic.  But, it is missing something...
















I think you would have to have be completely out of design-related social media not to know this next image as Tobi Farley's...







Look at the view out these windows...

Source: houzz.com via Carol on Pinterest


Now this last one needs a table to really qualify as a banquette and not just a window seat, but I liked the random mix of pillows :)



So, what was the all blue kitchen missing that every other image had?  Pillows.  How can you not have pillows on a built-in banquette?  Serious oversight :)

My favorite image is Tobi Farely's.  Love it.  Every. Single. Detail.  That is a dream kitchen in my book.  Which is yours?

6 comments:

  1. The nice thing about a banquette in a small house is they can add much needed storage space. For me, many of them have the same romantic associations as window seats. What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first photo, TF kitchen and the last photo built in bench are my favorites. I like the dark pillow in last photo just wish I could see the design on front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love banquettes and since there is no space in my current kitchen I am utilizing the idea in our outdoor remodel by installing a banquette around the outdoor table to seat all my grandbabies! Great photos..my fave is the second one with that gorgeous lake in thebackground and also the second to last. While blue and white is not my favorite combo that kitchen area just works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love banquettes and the one with the big round table is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just recommended a banquette to clients of mine that felt the eat-in area of a house was too small for their large family and they thought it was a great solution! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just designed some for a restaurant that opened in Chattanooga in December - http://www.crisangsteninteriors.com/blog/2012/12/introducing-terramae/ third pic down. I really love them - and am about to suggest some for another client because their breakfast nook really is... a nook!

    ReplyDelete