Friday, March 8, 2013

How a Picture Frame Pillow is Made

A picture frame pillow?  Yea, you know, when the center of a pillow is "framed" by fabric, like this baby, which will go in the shop right after this post...


Check out 6 Wilson for all my pillows!

I combined the linen F. Schumacher center, with wool crewel, and a super heavyweight Highland Court light gray linen for this one.  I thought you might like to see what goes into making a quality, professional pillow.

So here it goes, in a picture-story...














sorry about the weird lighting -- it was under the light of the ironing board in my work space












So, that's how a custom, picture-frame pillow is made.  It takes a ton of time (and I know how to do it.  Back in the day, well, let's just say it took two tons of time).  Just sayin.

Please visit this new guy, and all his pillow friends, at 6 Wilson on Etsy.  I'm sure he'd like the attention!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous fabric! wish those colors went onour house. your techniques are superb. Xo Marlis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pillow is gorgeous and I love the framed design look!!!

    ReplyDelete