Saturday, March 9, 2013

Inspiring Tile

  At the tile showroom today, I nearly fell over.  Almost passed out.  Couldn't believe it when I saw this...



And when I went hunting for a marble to go with it, on the other side of the store, and put this combination together....




Like I said.  I started seeing stars.  And when I came to, I had the vision for my client's bathroom. :)

Here's some other stuff that caught my attention today.  I would ADORE this on my own half-bath floor...






And staying in the yellow tone, this number wanted to go home with me, too...





Really, anything on this display could make me happy.  (Okay.  Not the wave-looking one.).  But yes to the rest.




This next one gave me pause, too, not because I would use it (too many colors for me), but the masculine feel of the matte boarder against the color really appealed to me.  And the metallic pencil tile is cool.



Back to the near-pass-out category, these faux wood tiles were so gorgeous I was having a hard time breathing.  (If you think I exaggerate in the description of my reactions, well then, you just.don't.know.me :)



Seriously.  In person, these looked so much like worn wood it was crazy.  Nuts.  I can see any one of them in a stunning kitchen with exposed beam ceilings.  Are you with me?




There were several vessel sinks on clearance, and they were beautiful.  Some of these were under mount, too.  Did I miss the memo?  Are vessel sinks so yesterday?  Frankly, I'm way too practical to own one.  All I can think is - one chip on the edge and the whole thing is ruined.

Okay.  Back to tile.




I was looking for some inspiration for a tile to go up the wall from the vanity to the ceiling in another bathroom, thinking I will float some frameless mirrors.  In person, this clear glass is really pretty. Not convinced, but thought I'd show it.

And that was my morning.  I love what I do.  And, I am lucky to do something I love for a living.  That blessing is not lost on me.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE tile stores! I could go to one every weekend.

    That black marble with that O-ring border is the bomb! (Do people say that anymore?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw that black and white tile and fell in love with it...Can you believe how the tile looks like wood? Amazing huh!

    ReplyDelete