Monday, April 1, 2013

Front Doors

It's like an allergy.  Every spring, I start itching to change the color of my front door. Something to do with the freshness of the season, I guess, and thinking about flowers.

I don't know if I will move away from my current black or not, but I've been collecting inspiration.  Check it out...





I love a front door with a lot of glass.






If I were a purple girl, this would be fantastic...



Blue, in every shade, is always a good choice...








I'll save this next one for my beach cottage (Ha!)...








Doesn't this next one just say, "come on in to my really homey home"?




Yup.  I'll take the next one.




I think that your front door should work with your interior, no matter if it opens into a foyer or a living space.




All of these are sooooo pretty...








  You know I had to throw in an orange one...




In New England, I swear the number one front door color is red -- from Talbot's red to brick to burgundy to terracotta red.  To my fellow New Englander's -- would you agree?





I haven't decided yet, but I must say, I DO love a classic black door.  Especially when it's dressed for spring...


Source: etsy.com via Carol on Pinterest


I would love to know -- is there a dominant front door color where you live?

Talk to you soon,
Carol

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful and very inspiring!
    www.tatianadoria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to say here in NC, such a mix of old and new. I did love the inside of that door painted blue-green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many of these are favorites of mine that I've pinned probably several times...I always love a black door, but then I see a gorgeous color and it has me thinking....mine is black with 2/3 glass and could be original to the house, c. 1900....not sure. I think it will stay black....but then again....

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all wonderful front doors. Any door that you choose from this list will absolutely make your house look extra pretty. :) Like you, I always want to change the color of my front door, which I can't afford. So right now, I'm looking for a certain color that I can stand seeing every single day. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My door is bright pink. It looks great in contrast to my pale yellow siding. I've had it the same color pink for years and have to tire of it.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete