Saturday, April 27, 2013

Lighting -- Inspiration from High Point

There is nothing like High Point market for inspiration.  It's like the Olympics of furniture and accessories.  Seriously.  And, trust me if you've never been, you feel the exhaustion of an athlete at the end of the day.

For me this market, lighting was really my thing.  Couldn't get enough of it.  Here's a look at what I saw, covering a wide range of styles...




Clean, fresh colors were a theme, but there were so many looks vying for attention, that I can't say any one style won out.




Exposed bulbs were everywhere.  I tend to like most of them, but I have to wonder if they would be harsh on the eyes after a while.




Industrial influences were everywhere, too. 




Lately, I've had a major crush on classic blue and white, so these really appealed to me...



The vase and urn on the left, below, would make great lamp bases, so I included them :)



With brass making a major comeback,  I saw it in just about every style.  Love it.  And since I'm sure you're dying to know what I would choose for myself, well, I'll take all three below, please.




This sconce is called the door-knocker.  It was so substantial and impressive...




There was no shortage of detail anywhere...




And the detail in this equestrian-inspired chandelier was just fantastic...


That's pretty much a wrap on lighting, edited down from a million pictures.  I think it's fun to see what's showing, no matter what your style.  And, I believe, exposure helps us define what we really love, don't you think?

Talk to you soon,
Carol

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the exposed bulbs. I'm surprised to see that industrial is going strong. I thought it had run its course. I saw an old brass faucet with porcelain "hot" and "cold" knobs at the salvage shop today. It was hard to resist but I just don't think I want to go there. Some of those blue and whites are beautiful and they're something that will never go out of style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the equestrian chandelier!! My fave, and I don't even have horses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Looks like an amazing adventure. So many pretty things to look at.

    I host a weekly party called "Oh, the PLACES I've been!" and would love to have you join. The link goes up at 7 pm EST on Thursday evenings.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete