Saturday, December 21, 2013

Super Simple Date and Brie Appetizer for Holiday Entertaining

  This simple combination of date, brie and almond is so delicious it has become my new secret weapon for impressive entertaining.  Full disclosure: I have no idea where this combination came from, so I apologize if I am talking about a well known recipe.  I had these tasty little treats at a champagne reception, and it was a wonderful pairing (with the champagne, I mean ;-).






Sometimes, simple flavors are the best. 


 


 This is simply brie chunks stuffed into pitted dates, and topped with  raw almonds.  So simple.  Delicious.  Somewhat healthy.  And amazing with champagne.  The buttery flavor of the brie, the sweetness of the dates and the subtle almond flavor just melts in your mouth with just the right amount of crunch.   Enjoy ;-)

Stay tuned in 2014 for more "Entertaining with 6 Wilson."

1 comment:

  1. I've had something similar but I think it might have been goat cheese. And, you're right, they were amazingly delicious for something so simple.

    ReplyDelete