Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Nordic Inspired Red and White Tablescape

It's a challenge to come up with new ways to use the dishes and tableware you have, don't you think?  If I allowed myself , I would own a million different patterns of dishes, serving pieces and such.  Seriously.  But since that would lead to a bit of stress in the 6 Wilson household, I just try to figure out ways to reinvent what I have.  And, when the spirit moves, I add new linens.




This table runner has gotten a lot of interest in the shop, so I thought I would show you how I staged it for a tablescape, using a couple of different dishes I have in my personal stash.






Here I've got my every day Casafina stoneware under a Johnson Brothers Friendly Village lunch plate.  In my mind, this runner calls for some greenery and pine cones, and I'm loving the rustic log container these greens are in.  Feels casual and authentic.




Above I changed out the plates to my 20 year old Macy's Christmas china, and added a stemless wine glass with cranberries and a few pine sprigs from the yard.  I love using fresh greens and such from the great outdoors.  It looks casual, elegant, and effortless, all at once.  I think this table runner needs a no-fuss attitude around the table, don't you?
 



See my water pitcher in the back?  Spode 1950's (forgot the pattern name) -- found it at an antique shop and bought it that instant.  It was true love.  I say pull out whatever you've got, because "off-matches" in shades of green like this can be gorgeous, and again, it feels unfussy.

If you haven't guessed already, I love doing tables, and when I am not staging products and I'm doing my table in real life, things get much more involved.  When I do my actual dining table for Christmas, I will be sure to share it.

I hope you're enjoying your weekend, everybody!  Talk to you soon.

If you want more information on the table runner, click here for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment