Sunday, December 15, 2013

Scenes from Christmas in Boston

  My husband and I had a little getaway in Boston this weekend, and it was fabulous.  Christmas loveliness was everywhere, and I thought you all might like to see a bit of it.  If you follow me on Instagram (@6Wilson), here's more!  If you're not a follower, catch up on some New England prettiness, starting with Beacon Street this morning, across from the Boston Common...



 I loved the purple this home used, it really stood out from the other Brownstones...





 Here's a little more traditional colors...




I loved this window wreath on the next brownstone.  It was a bit to small for the window, but it was perfect, and I adore the shutters on the inside.




I really liked this sweet window box below, framed in by the iron on the window...







So classic, sooo New England.  Yet another black door.  Check out the amazing detail.







 I think black wrought iron is just.so.beautiful.




 And look at this iron masterpiece fencing of sorts...




This walk down Beacon Street took us to breakfast at Paramount on Charles Street (a cool, very popular diner that is a must on your next trip in).  After some great food, we walked through the Boston Common to do some shopping on Newbury Street.



This is exactly how gray it was today.   Over on Newbury, where the shopping is amazing, was this building with a beautifully decorated balcony...





 The window of Ralph Lauren was dashing...




And at this point, I was just too cold to keep taking pictures outside.  Inside a family favorite, Jack Wills, I loved the way they decorated a mantel in their shop...




 Isn't that fun?



 The night before all of this, on Saturday, the snow was flying and the temperature frigid, but it didn't stop us from going out to dinner with my husband's cousin, who was in town for the weekend and was the reason for the adventure.




I will end with this amazing gingerbread house, in the window of a gorgeous little shop in Harvard Square.



I hope you have a chance to do something out of your usual holiday routine this season, and find joy in simple things like walking in the snow or sharing a hot cider with someone you don't often see.

Enjoy this last week before chaos hits ;-)


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and very festive! Those homes / doors are so stately!! The fruit arrangement over the door is very gracious. Warm greetings from DC, Loi

    ReplyDelete