Thursday, December 19, 2013

My Christmas Dining Room and House Tour

Who's up for a Christmas tour?  The house is finally done, and while I'm on to menu planning and finishing shopping,  come on in and see what I've been up to, getting ready for entertaining and just relaxing (well, not really on that one ;-)




The view of the living room, above, is what you see when you come down the stairs.  We hang our stockings along the stairs because we used to use the fireplace a lot, and this was the only other place that worked.
 



If you've read this post, you've seen some of the living room, but let's check it out anyway...









On the right of the green chair above is my secretary.  The reflection in the window is pretty cool, I think!







Just below these doors, my daughter's painting sits on the desk...





My other daughter's painting of a cardinal is on the end table next to the sofa.  I think art used on furniture is a great alternative to hanging it on the wall.





 Check out the photo-bomber...




So now to the dining room.




The sideboard is pretty simple.  This first image is a bit overexposed, but I kind of like it that way ;-)



Below is the true duck egg color of the drapes...






The chandelier looks a lot like it did last year, but I put my white dove back in, and added a flocked nest...





The inspiration for the dining room this year came from this sleigh I bought on clearance (for a whopping $8), when I went to the store for something else entirely.  The whole room just came together around it, all with things I already owned.  Meant to be.




Can you imagine I had these gifts still wrapped from my Christmas 2011 table? (I heard you say "hoarder.")  And the pine cones are the bleached ones I shared on instagram (@6Wilson).   Here's some more...









Okay, okay, I'm obsessed with the sleigh...




I know I've used this angle with the tree for my other Christmas tablescapes here and here, but it works.  Can't help it.




Here's looking into the living room.  See the chair to the left of the tree?  Getting a major makeover right after Christmas.  Dying to do it.  I can't wait to show you what I'm up to with that!

To the left of the clock is the doorway to the kitchen.  These guys are hanging on my little black chandelier in there.  This is my one and only nod to cute.



  And then of course, there's Santa in the family room.  That room's not on the tour, it needs too much work.  Maybe next year ;-)




Well, phew!  That's it for 2013.  Thanks for joining me, and I hope you are enjoying your own Christmas magic in your own home, no matter how grand or humble.  Decorating is wonderful, but nothing is more beautiful than the reason for it all.

I'll be back in a day or so with a quick and delicious appetizer for you holiday entertaining!

I'm linking up over at Between Naps on the Porch, and French Country Cottage so come over and see lots of gorgeous Christmas inspiration!

Thanks for reading,

8 comments:

  1. Its all lovely Carol! Loving the trim on the drapes too!
    Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly lovely, and I can't believe you have two draughts who paint so well!

    xo

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! You have such a classic style and your Christmas decor is totally you. When is a magazine coming to shoot these rooms?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh.....such warmth and charm in every nook and crannie.....LOVE IT!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the wreaths on the windows. That's such a great idea. It looks like you're ready to go. Let the merriment begin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, festive and warm! Your photographs really draw me in. Love all the shots - very artistic!!
    Merry Christmas to you all, Carol~
    xo
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful Carol, as always! Love the curtains in your dining room! Where did you find that duck egg blue/green fabric!?!?!? Beautiful! And the wallpaper! Your talents abound, my friend! Merry Christmas!
    xoxo,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol, your home looks stunning!! You have done a beautiful job!!
    Merry Christmas.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete