Thursday, May 31, 2012

Plaid Ikea Chest

When I saw this on Scot Meacham Wood's Blog -- The Adventures of Tartanscot -- today, I had to share it because I think it's brilliant.




His post was about his office space, and while I'd seen these fabulous plaid chests on the blog in the past, I never knew their pedigree until now.  And, I'm stunned.  Ikea!  His own DIY project.  Black paint, wallpaper and bevelled mirrors on top.  I can't stand how much I love them.  I know there are a lot of Ikea projects out there, but come on, this rocks :) if your a traditionalist.

For more of The Adventures of Tartanscot, click here.

Talk to you soon...

4 comments:

  1. I agree - love those chests. What a brilliant idea. I take it he painted them or wallpapered them. I love plaid so this is right up my alley. My husband is in Scotland right now for 3 weeks doing research so this makes me think of him - the lucky guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. They are wonderful. I can see why you like them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This room is so well done. I love the plaid on plaid, and how it's asymmetrical. The art is ah-mazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It IS a great DIY project that doesn't seem that difficult. And could be done in a variety of styles. Very smart.

    ReplyDelete