Monday, December 12, 2011

The Chandelier's All A Glitter...

What's your favorite room to decorate for Christmas?  Mine's the dining room.  Hands down.  Every year.  I love to do something different as the cold wind blows, and this year, I went for subtle sparkle.  A bit of dazzle.  The chandelier's all a glitter...

 First, the gold glitter pine cones and some snow flakes.  This is how it all started...




Then,  the carols on the stereo got turned up and all kinds of Christmas crazy happened.  I piled on the colors, the textures, the ornaments, and fa la la la la (did the mirror in the background as the sparkles flew), and this is how she looks...









It's all about soft green, winter white and gold this year.  This snowflake seems like a star to me.  I like to think of it as a little bit of Bethlehem over my table...








Now, on to the table, on servers and plates, on salt shakers and cakes...

What do you wrap your chandelier in for Christmas?

Talk to you soon,
Carol

PS  For a look at last year's chandelier, click here.


Need help defining your home?  I've been doing this a long time.  Click here to chat with me.


Thank you to Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for the cookbook I won in her giveaway.  If you've never read Southern Hospitality, click here and go visit.  You'll love it! 


 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful as always!! I haven't decided what to do with my fixture because it's a strange shape. But I guarantee it will include sparkle. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I forgot to decorate my chandelier!

    The colors are perfect, perfect, perfect for your dining room. And very classy! The pinecones and crystals you added in the first photo could almost be there all the time. At least through winter. That's the sign of a good holiday decoration in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all your holiday sparkle! We recently used similar glittering greenery, gold pine cones, and glass balls to adorn a spruce garland. It's such a winning combination.
    Hope you're enjoying every bit of the season.
    xo E + J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, Carol! I love decorating the dining room too. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your colors and all the sparkle ... I peeked at last year's and love that your changed it up so much this year. I especially like the snowflake and what you said about it being a star - nice!

    ReplyDelete