Sunday, December 18, 2011

My Dining Table Gone Christmas

Creating a Christmas tablescape for my dining room table is my. favorite.thing.  Here she is, in gold, white and soft green...








Can't forget the chairs...








These four images above I've entered in Scot Meacham Wood's Holiday Decorating Contest over at his beautiful blog The Adventures of Tartanscot.  The remaining images are just because I love this time of year!




Craft commerical... the potted branches below I made by spray painting two old garden pots I already had, stuffing them with florist foam, spray painting some red dogwood twigs after cutting them to size, and you can see the rest.  Super easy, really quick...







When you work with colors that blend with your existing decor, it gives you a soft look as opposed to a lot of "pop".  There's no right or wrong, it's about what you like.







Here's the sideboard behind the table...




There is nothing like making my guests feel special at my table.  That's what taking the time to set your table with an extra effort does -- it just makes people feel good.  I know I tend to go overboard because I'm in design, after all, but it doesn't matter how much you do.  Even the tiniest addition of a green or extra candles will do the same thing.

Will you try a little extra something for your holiday table this year?


Talk to you soon,
Carol

7 comments:

  1. Oh my! Your dining room is gorgeous all Christmased up! I love every element! The colors - your wallpaper is so pretty! Your dining set and how you've set the table! Beautiful!
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all really beautiful. I love the softer look because everything seems like it belongs, it doesn't scream DECORATION!

    Let me ask something though. With all this on the table, do you have to do a buffet dinner? Or does the maid/butler serve the food?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...I love the colors that you have used. Totally elegant! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Carol. I love the branches with the ornaments and all the gold and silver. Your dining room is gorgeous. Looks like you're ready for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks so pretty. Your table is gorgeous. I wish we had a dining room where I could decorate a beautiful table like that. We only have a dine-in kitchen, so the dining table is used every single day. It would be impossible to keep looking like your gorgeous table!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol- You killed it! This is breathtaking. Nothing is jarring, just soft, beautiful and luxe. I even love what you did over the mirror. How blessed your family is to enjoy Christmas in such a beautiful space. Your girls will remember and appreciate it more when they have their own children. Good luck with your entry!
    abby

    ReplyDelete
  7. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL Carol! You my friend are the tablescape master, and I love your wallpaper and window treatments! Merry Chrismtas to you and yours!
    xo,
    A

    ReplyDelete