Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Woodland Tablescape You'll Want to Take Ideas From

Someone at work went to a ladies Christmas Lunch today.  This was one piece of the tablescape that she came back with...




Isn't it AMAZING?  Forgive the background noise -- I wanted you to see the whole thing.   A stuffed, interesting, real log with some funky plant and ranuculus.   I want to go on the hunt for cool logs, hollow then out, and stuff  them  (I assure you that will happen very soon).  Here are some close ups, then I'll show the table...




What are those weird (live) things?  Anyone know?




Here's a look at the 16 foot table, set with what I would call a Winter Woodland Wonderland.  These images below were taken with a phone...




The "trees" were birch logs with flocked greens coming out the top.  Notice things like silver mushrooms and ornaments tucked in amongst the moss, logs, ranuculus, amaryllis and bunches of interesting plant materials...







Another look at the table...




This just blew me away.  It was done by Flowers By Semia in North Providence, RI, the state's premier florist.

(The place settings were done by the club the event was held at.  I want to go in these pictures, change the china, put little silver boxes tied with white bows on each plate and a silver charger under each, and napkins in a cream, silver and soft green plaid to the side, ringed with fresh wired greens.  I can't help myself.  My mind never stops.)

I am a major tablescape nut, and am trying to get mine together for the contest at The Adventures of Tartan Scot..  Have you seen it?  If not, click here to check out all the inspiration. 

Talk to you soon,
Carol

4 comments:

  1. Really beautiful! I love the little single stump with the ranunculus, the unstuffed olive thingies and the moss. Absoutely looks like a woodland scene down the table.

    What kind of china would you use? I'm not a tablescape person AT ALL so I'm clueless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa there nellie.....that is one gorgeous table! Even without all of your suggestions which could just through it completely over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a table! Those are gumnuts I believe. We had them in Australia, from the gum tree. Can't wait to see your table top, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful work by the floral designers..i love the use of the birch tree..that was definately the IN look this year..

    ReplyDelete