Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How to Turn a Gummy Bear into a Reindeer

Maybe necessity is the mother of invention, or maybe it's just the creative mind at play.  Whichever, my daughter Sam claims to have invented the gummy reindeer (though her sister will argue that fact.  Ah, twins...).



At the annual Gingerbread House extravaganza, Sam showed me the way to creating this lovely creature...




When I told here I was going to post her reindeer tonight, she offered to sketch some instructions...




Truth be told, Sam bites the head off, licks it, and sticks it on the reindeer's shoulders.  Not to worry, no one else but her will eat it.  If you prefer the more refined method, you can attach the head with a smidge of frosting. :)

I have to say,  I found this to be a pretty darn clever way to  get a herd of reindeer to hang outside a gingerbread house!




(See the red guy in the center?  Gummy Bears make decent Santas, too.)

It was pretty cool that my niece was able to skype in for the afternoon and do her own house at the same time.  Traditions live on in new ways.





Enjoy the rest of the week,
Carol

4 comments:

  1. How cute is this! Looks like a wonderful time was had by all. And I'm with Sam...who needs frosting when you can lick a gummy bear? ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, this is SO funny! Inventive, disgusting, informational and beautiful...all in one post.

    Absolutely LOVE the last photo with your niece showing off her creation via skype.

    (Note to self: never eat gummy bears at Carol's house.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to come play at your house.
    Hope you have a Merry Christmas.
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. creativity flows thru the blood into our children in all ways... love it...
    technology is amazing, so nice u were able to share this family tradition with your neice...
    chacha

    ReplyDelete