Sunday, December 11, 2011

Season's Best FREE Decoration

Let's start with putting your pride aside.  It's a must for this one.




See these fabulous little pine logs?  You can probably score them for free, just like I did, at your local Christmas Tree stand (or wherever live trees are sold near you).  They are the trunk pieces that are cut from the bottom of the tree when someone has their tree cut to size or just wants a fresh cut.  Most tree places toss them in a barrel to be thrown away!  What??  And waste these beauties?  Bonus -- they smell great.




As you can see, I used them on my hearth, but I can also see them in some kind of candle arrangement or as part of a tablescape.  The uses are endless!





I must confess,  it was my friend Charlene (from this post about our client) who showed me the way.  Just picture her rummaging through a big bucket at the stand where we bought our birch branches for this job. It wasn't pretty, people.  But then I joined in and, well, it was quite a vision.

Please share in the comments -- how would you use them in your decorating?

Talk to you soon,
Carol







5 comments:

  1. Oh, great idea! I love that they are natural elements with a wonderful scent to bring into your home. I guess they don't get crispy and dry like greens either? Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks beautiful, yah that was pretty funny when i was inside the barrel, then you dived in after..i knew there had to be some good design use with these pine tree cuts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can picture Charlene in her wellies alongside some random highway clipping whatever suits her fancy... LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful.... You and Charlene think of the best ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss this post?

    What a great idea! I think I'd cut of the edges of the bark, drill holes and make a garland.

    Off to the Christmas tree lot!

    ReplyDelete