Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Hollywood Half

The other half.  In Hollywood.  The ones with the means to decorate any way they want, to the nines, and with great style.  Here are a few of my favorite images from Architectural Digest.


Rob Lowe's home. Designer David Phoenix



Rob Lowe

Apparently, this spot, above, is where Lowe reads scripts.  Not bad....




The classic coziness, above, totally speaks my language.


Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher


Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher's home isn't structurally my style, but oh that velvet sofa and the outside/inside merge is just spectacular.



Michael Douglas and Cathrine Zeta-Jones


Above and below are shots from the Bermuda home of Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones.  So pretty.  So warm.  So elegantly homey.  The room below, which they call "the white room" is a guest room.  Hello, I'm on my way, bags packed. :)




Hope you enjoyed this quick glimpse into the way the Hollywood half decorates.  Which one speaks most to you?

Talk to you soon,
Carol


5 comments:

  1. That first room is gorgeous. It would be nice to have bottomless pockets just for a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all lovely in their own way...my favorite is the last room, very charming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing these rooms. Demi and Ashton's house is not my thing...but I LOVE it...I think its a beautiful example of the outside and inside complimenting each other. Love that sofa too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the modern feel of Ashton and Demi's place. I'm always attracted to a fabulous garden too!
    x
    Maria

    ReplyDelete