Thursday, April 7, 2011

Stone Hot Love

Okay, well, stone cold love didn't sound right.  It didn't send the true message.  If I must confess, I've had a thing, a passion, for stone homes, stone floors, stone fireplaces, most things stone for just about forever. 

My dream is a limestone (looking) floor, various size tiles, variegated color, rough and elegant all at once.  Someday.  Soon.  I hope.  In my front hallway and kitchen.  In the meantime, I will continue to drool over all things stone...


Traditional Home



Traditional Home



Traditional Home


Southern Living

Is there a material, natural or man-made, that makes your heart sing?

Talk to you soon,
Carol

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos Carol! I have tile in my hallway and kitchen and I've been wanting to change it to slate in all the warm neutral colors, I just don't want the mess that comes along with it! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you...I love stone, maybe that is why I just had a new brick (I think that is classified as stone)floor put in my entry hall and the annex to the media/ family room. I really like the natural effect it gives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These days I love Carrara--eeeeek maybe too trendy :)
    x
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daryl at Vermont CottageApril 8, 2011 at 3:33 AM

    I love a flagstone floor, but limestone may be even better with my pooch's white hairs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These icutres are so pretty! I am a stone lover also. Someday I would love to live in an old stone house and restore it room by room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great inspiration images. I love the mix--stone, wood, metal, fabrics, glass. All so perfect together.

    ReplyDelete