Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Cleint's Media Room

I had the pleasure of working with a family a few months back on the new  media room in their gracious New England home.  It was part of an entire basement re-do. They took delivery of the furniture a week or so ago, and when I dropped off their custom pillows, I took a few photos.

I thought I'd share them with you, along with the rest of my vision for the space, as just the "bones" are currently in place.










This is what I see to help complete the space.  See the arched panel in the door?  I want to cover it with a mirror, then in the built-ins I would put on the length of that wall, I would mimic that arch panel as the back of the top of the bookcases.  I would then add down lighting inside the tops of the built-ins to add dimension.  I would have the bookcases constructed in such a way as to make it appear that the door is a natural part of that wall.  On the opposing wall, a sunburst mirror and graphic black and white family photographs.




As usual, the colors I've used, other than the red, aren't really what I'd choose, it's just to give you the idea.

By the way, visit here and vote for Rashon's living room, of the fantastic blog, Mr. Goodwill Hunting.  I did!A And then, go enjoy his blog.

Talk to you soon,
Carol

2 comments:

  1. It looks great Carol! I especially love the lamp and side table. How do you create those drawings? Are you using markers on top of the actual photos? Do tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fantastic use of space! love your vision for the room.

    happy weekend (stay warm;)
    joan

    p.s. thank you for your lovley comment!

    ReplyDelete