Monday, July 1, 2013

A Teenage Boy's Room

Teenage boys.  Hmmmm.  Decorating their bedrooms, trying to make them personal but not young, is tricky, I think.  But fun, too.

Here's one board for my client's 14 year old son, who had the bed and night table, but needed the rest.  I'm playing around with a few different options before I present it, so there will be another board to show soon.  My client wanted his son to be able to have a say, so options it is!




This young guy is a sports and basketball fan, so I found the cool artwork on Etsy, and I am soooo loving the baseball mitt inspired desk chair.   Next to the roman shade is the trim I'm thinking will be a great accent down the sides and along the bottom.

The next version of this room will put more focus on the bedding, less on the rug.  It's fun to play with pattern and scale in a space.  Remember, you can mix lots of patterns, but make one the large, dominant pattern (here it's the rug), and then vary the rest.  A space is never happy when the scales of patterns compete.

Stay tuned for version number two, and thanks for reading...

Carol


3 comments:

  1. The board looks fabulous! I especially like the baseball mitt chair. My boys would flip over that chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son would love that chair. Do you think boys are easier to design for than girls?

    ReplyDelete