Monday, July 22, 2013

Client Design Progress

I've been tossing around some ideas for finishing this room, while the drapes are being made and the grasscloth is on backorder.  Perhaps I shouldn't show this board yet, because I am not at my final presentation, but I thought you might like to see my thought process.

Here is the living room, where I am now...




While I love the textures shown on the board, I really need to choose between the ottoman and the bar cart -- they really are too similar in feel, especially given the grasscloth on the walls.  I could use an ottoman like this in a fabulous fabric...

or a bar cart in a metal...




I also have a thing for this table lamp, which would give the room a bit of depth, and tie it to the adjacent dining room and the suggested artwork.  In my heart, thought, I'm feeling it's too modern...


This might be a better choice, especially with the floor lamp, if I don't do a metal bar cart...

A room can go in so many different directions, which hopefully you see a glimpse of here.Too much of the same texture, and it becomes redundant.  Too many different elements, and well, chaos can take over.  Yikes.

I really do know what I want to present, but I thought it would be fun to show what I've been considering.  The rug is a meaningful mate to the drapes, I believe, so that's definitely part of the final plan.  And I do love the chair on the board, but I suspect the husband may find it a bit too neutral. 

Done in the right fabric, this stunner below could steal the show...




I don't usually begin a design  with window treatments and wallpaper, but my client's wanted to address that first, as the walls had been redone and were at sheet rock, and they wanted to go slowly in completing the room.  So, these elements, which do work so well with the rest of the house, are now the inspiration.

I'll let you know how things end up, and I will show you my next version of the board.  What would be your choice -- woven ottoman or rattan bar cart?

Talk to you soon,

Carol

Oh, and I've gotta say, Instagram is my favorite social media of late, and I am constantly "chatting" design, food, dogs and other inspiration there.  To follow me, click on the Instagram in the right column.  See you on IG! @6Wilson...


4 comments:

  1. Woven ottoman, because the room really needs that amazing metal bar cart!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the metal bar cart too but wonder if the texture of ottoman is too similar in scale to the size of the pattern. It could just be how they appear on the board.

    I love the color palette you've got going; it's totally flexible and changeable with pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely and soothing palette, Carol! I think having the texture of the woven rattan ottoman in front of the upholstered sofa would be wonderful. The contrast is interesting. I know you will put it all together beautifully!!
    xo
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am counting 3 blogs for you? How much time in the day do you have? I love the way this room is coming together. I follow you...Red Sox Fan :)

    ReplyDelete