Sunday, December 23, 2012

Images from Boston

We went into Boston yesterday to do some shopping and take in the sights of Christmas.



We were so busy that I didn't take many pictures, but here are a few to share the feeling. Below is the dome in the center of Faneuil Hall.  With tons of people, it was hard to pause for the perfect shot, but this will give you an idea..




We went to lunch at Ned Devine's and had the most outrageous Guinness beef stew, perfect for a cold day in the city. 


This is the bar area, which looked beautiful with wreaths around the lights, which, unfortunately, is hard to see in this image.



The stairway in the entrance had an incredible chandelier, with hand blown glass globes of sorts.  You can see from all the brick that it's in a fabulous part of the building.


Over on Newbury Street, Carolers warmed hearts of shoppers...



I assume this was a private residence, in among the shops and eateries.  I loved its presence on the street...



The British store, Jack Wills, was my favorite for design -- they accented their signature navy/pink so beautifully, and the building itself was true love.  The top hat on the tree says it all.


Check out those old floors, and the stairway is to die for.



To see some incredible shots of Christmas at night in this area, check out Steve's pictures at An Urban Cottage.

I hope you all are enjoying this last day before celebrations begin.  I am off to the market, then baking, cooking and wrapping.  Hope I make it!

Carol

4 comments:

  1. Well, I learned something new. I didn't know there was a Jack Wills store on Newbury Street! It looks beautiful; I'm going to have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowza! I am crazy for that pink and navy staircase. Love it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol!

    Hope you had a lovely Christmas and will have a wonderful new year! Your photos are gorgeous and so full of holiday spirit! Thanks for sharing these!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos were cute I love it specially the Xmas tree with the hat.

    ReplyDelete