Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas at My House

My front door, from the inside

The look of Christmas in our home is, for me, about warmth, a haven from the cold, a place to share a hot toddy on a cold New England night.  It is always about making my family and those who come to visit feel as though I decorated just for them, because, in fact, I did.  I hope you enjoy this peek...













My front hall chandelier, from below





It is tradition in my house to do my dining room differently every year.  My girls always look forward to what is to come.  Now that makes a mom feel good.






















And who can deny the dog a picture, when he's dressed with his own jingle bell?  And below are my daughter's chocolate-pepermint cupcakes.  I'd be lying if I said I don't dance a jig that my daughter loves to bake :)


This Christmas season, we are all feeling heartache for the families in Connecticut whose joy will be diminished, and whose decorations and celebrations may feel empty.  And so I pray, and I hope you'll join me, that the light of the Christ child will guide their way through, just as it did for their loved ones on Friday.

Many blessings to you and yours this week before Christmas,
Carol


8 comments:

  1. How do you get all that done? Everything looks beautiful, warm and wintery at the same time. The plaid pillows with the red cording are gorgeous!

    I also love how you focused in on the details of things. Those are really pretty photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is lovely and definitely feels warm and welcoming. Great photos - did you take them yourself?

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is beautiful, Carol. I especially love your table with your dishes. Looks like you're ready for Christmas! Such a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, everything looks beautiful. I love all the crystals hanging from the chandelier..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful!!! I love the Christmas reindeer pot/container, ornaments and your table setting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love all the touches of white...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home looks absolutely stunning this Christmas (as usual) and I so wish I could be there sharing a hot toddy with you and enjoying the warmth and beauty you have created! Have a blessed Christmas my friend!! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home looks beautiful Carol - I love all of the touches you've added and so special how much your girls enjoy the dining room decor each year and baking. I really enjoyed these glimpses and yes, I've been thinking about Newtown a LOT. What happened up there affected every single person in the nation I believe and for that there will be that many more prayers to those angels.

    ReplyDelete