Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Client's Christmas and Where I've Been

I can't believe two months have flown by without writing a word on this blog!  It has been a whirlwind of a fall, between fifteen client projects and working on my online shop (which will open in January).  I have so much to share.  But for today (and Happy December, by the way), I want to share Christmas at my client's...



Remember this house from last year?


(If not, you can go here and see what we did in 2011.).

Last year, it was all about silver and white.  This year, we brought in red, spruced up the front door, and again kept it streamlined and simple for this warm, contemporary home.  Here's a peek...





A square wreath was a must for this linear front entry.  My special events partner, Charlene, created this baby, and it smelled so good...



When you open the front door...




I love creating gorgeous packages.  You can make a strong statement with very little, and I go nuts with a glue gun, ribbon and floral decorations...





The entry mirror got a little bling...



Here's the tree, done, with the mirror...



The tree is enormous, and the pictures just don't do it justice.



I love using sprigs of berries, sparkly greens and such within the tree.  It creates great texture and interest, and is such a nice balance to the expected ornaments.  This red and silver wire-mesh ribbon came from Michael's, and it's fantastic for a large tree.



The mantle went from this...


To this...






Charlene put that pinecone garland together -- isn't it gorgeous?


When Charlene and I do special event decorating together, whether its for holidays or tablescapes for clients' entertaining,  we work in perfect sync.  We get each other so uniquely, that we barely discuss what we're doing as we go along -- we just get it done.  Check out my Decorating Services if you need our help in your holiday home!

Thanks for coming back and reading.  I promise you a great December, full of inspiration.

Carol

4 comments:

  1. It must be fun to decorate someone else's house.

    I especially love what you did with the mirror. It looks dripped in ice. I love when decorations are not specifically Christmas but have more of a winter/holiday look. It's hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I've missed you! Thoe home is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful, nice pictures. What a fun project to work on. I love working with you. How funny it is, we barely talk about what were doing, and the outcome beauitful..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful! Any other holiday decorating projects up your sleeves?

    ReplyDelete