Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year From Newport

Happy New Year, my readers!  Thank you for taking the time, all year long, to read my words and chat with me.  I truly appreciate your support, both as friends and clients.


 As has become tradition, we were in Newport, RI for New Years eve.  It was cold.  And windy.  And cold.  With snow. But we were warm in our hearts with the company of good friends to walk the streets with, and to share a lobster lunch and a hot Irish coffee.  Here's a bit of a tour of the sights...



New Year's eve afternoon was so gray, my images almost look like black and whites, save for a bit of a blue cast.  If they make you shiver, I assure you, that was the feeling in the air.  The harbour was quiet and still, as if without movement, and against the cutting wind the boats and docks steadied themselves. 


Even in the gray and cold, there is nothing like being near the water.




My favorite shop to buy a purse or wallet is Brahmin (a Massachusetts based company), and my love affair with their bags started here...


Next to Brahmin is the Cooke House, and I always love to see it lit at night, like all the shops, as if to beckon sailors home...


Their front door is always done with New England charm...


Newport soothes the souls of foodies and shoppers and decorators...


I've never tried the Gas Lamp Grille below, but I love the way it looked, as if pulled from a Dickens' street.




So, my best wishes to all of you for 2013.  I hope you have warmth in your hearts and lights to guide your way.

Carol

3 comments:

  1. It is so pretty. Definitely have to get there when the weather warms up.

    Happy New Year and many great things ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful place to visit...even in winter...Your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a movie scene how beautiful.

    ReplyDelete