Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Bathroom Stencil

My girlfriend's bathroom went from builder white walls to this...

Wall: Ben MooreWarm Springs 682.  Stencil: Ben Moore Apple Blossom 479



It took her approximately seven million, four hundred and eighty two hours, and she loathes me now, for suggesting it, but at least she is thrilled with the results.  I get to blog about it, but I need to find a new friend.  She fired me as her bff for the torture.  No, she still cherishes me (ha), but the payback will be, well, it rhymes with swell.

What to do when your client is a DIY'r on a budget, wants great impact but not wallpaper? Suggest stencils.  Unless she is your bff -- then, pay out of your own pocket and buy her the wallpaper.  :-)

Would you try this?
Carol

5 comments:

  1. i love the outcome..That surely not the stencils i remember from the 80s.i may try this..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never. I would rather wallpaper any day of the week...and then take it down the next day rather than do stenciling.

    It looks great though. Like Thibault or F&B wallpaper or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like childbirth, the pain will be forgotten in the joy.. and I would.. thinking of doing this in the entry, tone on tone, glossy on mat, just for some textural interest.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  4. As beautiful as it is, I would never have the patience to work on this. Plus I would flip out if anyone nicked it. lol No patience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! It looks gorgeous, Carol! And I love your funny musings. Wallpaper it is.

    ReplyDelete