Sunday, January 6, 2013

Monochromatic Decorating



So, here's the thing about me and monochromatic decorating -- I LOVE IT.



The monochromatic art, above, is completely serene, and lends a gentle calm to the bedroom.

You have to know, if you've been reading me for any length of time, that I have a life-long love affair with orange.  The monochromatic white, with it's sweet pumpkin touches, below, is just divine.

Source: bhg.com via Kelly on Pinterest


Monochromatic is on my mind because I am debating green drapes in my living room -- I've been on and off this idea for a year.  Seriously.  I have problems.  But aside from that,  I am thinking I will commit this year to a monochromatic room of green.


Diamond Baratta via blog.pinkpagoda.us
What makes monochromatic so appealing?  It allows accent colors to change over time.  For a girl who loves change, it's genius.

What's your take?  How do you feel about monochromatic decorating?  Are you in or out on it?

Talk to you soon,
Carol













2 comments: