Friday, September 21, 2012

Decorating with Tole Trays

One night last week, my girlfriend and I were on line shopping at Hunt and Gather in Raleigh, NC,  a phenomenal consignment store near where she lives.  And there it was, in all its gorgeousness, calling out my name...



Seriously?  A botanical on tole??  I can't stand it, it's so perfect for me.  So my fabulous friend, as a thank you for helping her transform her house with paint, just told me it's on its way to me.  I could die.  I might hug the UPS man when he delivers it.  It is so me.

What do you think of tole?  I love it, except, I must confess, the most popular style with large floral designs.   They're okay, but not my favorite.  Way too romantic for my taste.  I checked out Pinterest to see what images I could find, and holy hannah, this stopped me in my tracks...

Source: google.com via KN on Pinterest


This is beyond glee.  Orange wall? Hello.  Tole with chinoiserie, black harlequin floor?  Died.  Gone to heaven.  Take out a bit of the all-antique look and throw in some unexpected modern somehow, and I'd never come back.

What do you think?  Do you like tole?

Have a great weekend,
Carol

7 comments:

  1. Lucky you on that tray!! Loving the botanical. And no, never have seen one like that before. It's just stunning. Have a blessed weekend, xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  2. The image with the orange wall is STUNNING! It stopped me in my tracks to!
    Your tray is beautiful and how nice that you have such a lovely friend to gift that to you :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, I have many of the old floral ones, but I love these. The gold on them make them look more traditional and not so country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few that I have inherited. I love this wonderful one that your friend is sending with love--great friend! "Yours" is so much more contemporary in appeal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing a vignette like that makes me love orange walls all over again! Love how the trays are displayed. I used to have a few and gave them away years ago.....I am always doing stupid things like that.
    Love when friends do nice things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS - That is a beautiful collection in the photo on Pinterest. Would love to see the rest of the room.
    Loi

    ReplyDelete