Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Dinning Room To Study

While blogging around tonight, I came across a new-to-me blog, Thistlewood Farms I nearly died when I took Karrie Anne's house tour, because she had among her images her stop-me-on-my-laptop tracks... dinning room...


Thistlewood Farms
Oh my good glory, this is one of the most beautiful dining rooms I've come across.  Why, you ask?  What moves me?  Everything about it.  Let's start with the bones of the room and then move right into those fantastic, one of a kind window treatments -- the texture, the simplicity, the unexpected smocking of a rough looking fabric.  And houndstooth on the chairs?  Please, I can't take the gorgeousness.  Add in simple-line host chairs in an unassuming, linen looking fabric with the texture of the ornate gold frame in the background.  Oh, and the pretty, pretty, pretty chandelier.  In my decorator's mind, this room is a brilliant example of perfectly mixed textures and pieces that give it a look that is all its own.  No copy-cat look here.  One hundred percent authentic. True.  Love.

I have nothing left to say.
Sigh.

Carol

2 comments:

  1. Double Sigh...it is a lovely room and just about perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A traditional beauty. Those gorgeous Queen Anne chairs really stand out against the neutral-ness of the rest of the room. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete