Thursday, June 7, 2012

Another Reupholstery Project

When I got the fabric for this chair, I also picked up a Kravet Ikat for a song.

Kravet 31114
With this image blown up, you can see the strie effect of the ground -- green, beigey-yellow, and a dusty blue-green.  Perfection in my scheme of things :).

Here it is, laying over the victim...




So, with the other chair done, time to tackle this baby.   All part of this taking-forever (so it seems) redo of the living room.  Here is what it looked like before I started...




I actually still love this fabric, but it just isn't working.  It has a funky peach tone to it that has never worked with anything I've done.  It was an Ethan Allen clearance find several years ago, and since I knew I could recover it some day, I bought it because I loved the frame.



I've started on the bottom and the arms,  and am working my way to the cushions.  Normally, it's much easier to do the pattern placement on the cushions first, then match up the base and the decking (that center square) last.  But I'm waiting for more fabric to arrive, and frankly, I'm impatient.  When I want to get started, I want to get started.  (Can you relate?)

So, that's part of what's on my DIY agenda for the next week or so.  What's on yours?

Have you checked out my new Design Service, "Ask Me"?

3 comments:

  1. Love the color and the ikat pattern. Good choice. Can't wait to see it done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be SO beautiful. I love the frame on this one. I hope this is an easier job than the last chair. All of your work will be so worth it! Keep us posted!
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will look great! Cant wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete