Thursday, April 5, 2012

Wow Wallpaper and Inspiration Art -- Project Updates

Yesterday I had a drapery install for an ongoing project, and today I was three hours from home measuring for window treatments in my client's cottage in the Berkshires.  Thought I'd share some updates.

Remember this post about my client who agreed to silver metallic walls in the living room?


The reason metallic was the only way to go is because we put a flocked wallpaper (by Stark) with a silver metallic background on the accent wall.  Plain old paint would have died on the other walls, and it would have taken away from the depth and richness of the paper.  Sometimes one element tells you what to do with the next one.

Here's the same view before the drapes went up, with the two swivel chairs I did in a silver and black weave fabric.   The black cut velvet sectional was the only thing in the room when we started...



We have a long way to go with this room, but I'm pleased with the way it's coming along.  Keep in mind, the clients' wish for this space and the dining room attached (coming), is that it be lounge/glamour/chic/edgy.

Here is a look at the purple drapes going up (albeit messy as they weren't dressed yet) with the black velvet ruffle...


Yes, all windows will have drapes.  The one on the right, above, has a sheer, embroidered roman on it, which all the windows will have.  Here's a (poor quality) close up...




The pattern on the shades mimics part of the pattern of the wallpaper.

Switching gears/styles, remember the carriage house I did back in the fall (here)?  I was out there today measuring for the window treatments, and my client had hung the artwork that had inspired the color palette for the entire home.  I just love its whimsy and girlishness...



The windows in this room will have white cafe-height shutters, and oatmeal colored drapes with great texture.  Can't wait.

So, that brings you up to date on my week.  I'm getting ready for a bridal shower at my house on Saturday, and I hope to share the tablescape from it.  How I love doing tables!!

Have a great weekend, and a Happy Easter!
Carol

3 comments:

  1. There is so much to love here, but I'm dying over the roman sheets that mimic the wallpaper. I have never seen shades With that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wallpaper and the purple drapery. So beautiful! Great job, Carol, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've captured the client's wishes in that first photo perfectly and I love the pairing of the sheer with the luxurious draperies. And the artwork in that cottage is so fun!

    ReplyDelete