Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Before and After: Bathroom

I'm sure you've seen this bathroom a million times before.  Standard builder edition.  Basic elements.  No style.   Not much different from one house to the next.  Yawn.  (I'm sorry, did I just yawn out loud?)




After the window treatment went up today, this is how this baby's looking now...








We still need to do artwork, a ceiling fixture and the handles need to go on the painted cabinet.  But, this gives you a pretty good idea of how it will all turn out.  Here's more...














I kept this powder room fairly monochromatic so that the richness of the textures and patterns would play off of each other, and envelope the visitor with warmth.  I knew when we started this project that grasscloth was a must have.  Nothing compares for incredible texture.

Got a bathroom that needs a change?  Contact me and let's get started.

Talk to you soon with more on Buying Leather Furniture -- the last of the series.

And check out Wow us Wednesday's at Savvy Southern Style today, and Ivy & Elephants, too.  So much great stuff to look at!

Carol

11 comments:

  1. It's very "warm" now. I love it! I love the window treatment colors, too! I can't wait to see it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love grasscloth and hope we can add it somewhere some day. That mirror with the sconces is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that's awesome! That girandole was the perfect solution for that space. I nice piece of arwork and an maybe an orchid on a vanity and that place is ready for a Kitchen & Bath Makeovers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the grasscloth. So rich and unexpected in the powder room. Just beautiful, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swooning!!! Carol, this is fabulous. The textures really do come to play. I love the shade with the wall covering. The tile fits in perfectly. Can't wait to see what hardware you put in there. And the ceiling fixture. I want this bathroom! xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Carol! The mirror is to die for and love the addition of the grasscloth. The little details like the trim on the window treatment are a nice touch too!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. That mirror/sconce is stunning, and love the grasscloth. Such a great transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the grasscloth, Carol! Window treatment, counter, all of it. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did an aaahhhhhmazing job with this bathroom.
    Its so lovely. Love the grasscloth and window treatment. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the grass cloth! so classy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a fantastic job! Love the fabric with the cloth....just wonderful! Your client must be so happy.

    ReplyDelete