Sunday, August 21, 2011

Waverly Modern Essentials...Orange Love

I'm finally keeping my promise to my girls and redoing (or should I say finally doing) their bedrooms for their high school years.  You know how much I love orange, so I danced a bit of a jig (not in front of her, mind you, as that would surely mortify her) when one of my girls agreed to this fabric for her window treatments...





This is from Waverly's Modern Essentials line. (The white is very bright, really.  I had to take my own picture to show you, as it wasn't on their website.)  While I do love for a home's decor to have flow and continuity, there are times when, in the private spaces like bedrooms, you can go in a bit of a different direction.   After all, design should reflect who you are, and what better way to encourage your children in self-expression than in the design of their bedrooms?  This room will be blue, white and orange.  True teenager.  All her choice.  It will take some time, but...

Stay tuned (and wish me luck!  If I say I like it, it may be all over)...

Talk to you soon,
Carol


12 comments:

  1. I am so releived to see that someone is doing a room in color. I think that white is lovely but I like color! Hooray for your choice! i am sure it is going to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I can't wait to see what you pair with that fabric. Did she insist on orange walls? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the orange. It is one of my favorite colors. Supposedly orange is a color stimulating creativity. I look forward to seeing the reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it! Wish I had a place to use it!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be a fun project! Love the fabric and cannot wait to see how the room comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOoh, I love that! Does it come in other colorways? Is this a new offering, I haven't seen it before? I'd love to know if it comes in a green? Carry on with it, looks like it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great color combination! I love this Waverly fabric. Can't wait to see the room come together, and happy to find your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cant wait to see your room. I love the orange Waverly fabric you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been craving orange, so I look forward to seeing the room! Have fun, -susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see the finished room. It sounds so cute!
    xo E + J

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a big lover of color orange. This color demands attention. The softer oranges such as peach are even friendlier, and more soothing.Orange is also mentally stimulating as well as sociable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a beautiful fabric, I love orange ! How's the room coming ?

    ReplyDelete