Monday, August 15, 2011

Equestrian Inspired Design

This past weekend I went to my first equestrian competition and I LOVED it!  My "niece" (my friend's daughter) was in her first show, and won first place!  Is she cute or what?



While I was driving home, I was day dreaming (and got lost).  Anyway,  indulge me a bit, okay?  Let me show you some glimpses of the English Country, equestrian-inspired dream home that lives in my head, ready for me to move in. 

First, of course, this is what I look like coming back in from a ride...




 This is the view in front of me...





Traditional Home

This could be the living room.  Love the stone walls...





Canadian House and Home


 This is the chair where I take off my boots (and never put them on that gorgeous chair, lol).  It has its own cozy nook...





Canadian house and Home


Because my dream house has lots of spaces to decorate, this one would be my office and sitting area, dark and inviting...






Country Living


I imagine this sofa in the library, where huge windows show the view of the rolling lawn and fences, and tall bookshelves line the opposite wall.  You know the kind, with the tall sliding ladder?





Ralph Lauren


The back entry off the kitchen looks like this...

 



Country Living

I find that while trends come and go, colors change and styles revolve,  equestrian looks remain timeless.  What do you think?

Talk to you soon,
Carol

4 comments:

  1. I totally LOVE all of that stuff. I particularly live the combination of the toile with that dark diamond pattern. That's a juxtaposition that really excites me. The leather tufted sofa with all the pillows and the brown wall with the gallery wall. Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could live in your blog. Congrats to your niece! She looks just like her mother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your cute niece for her big win! On Sunday we stopped and watched a horse show competition for a few minutes... brought back such fond memories (I won first in my one and only competition too many, many moons ago:) I love your fantasy horse farm dream house! Now you just need to name the horses!

    joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love the idea of driving and dreaming! This house is so perfect for an equestrian escape. So many great details.
    xo E + J

    ReplyDelete