Friday, August 19, 2011

Colefax and Fowler Speaks My language

I was on their website today while working and I got lost for a few minutes, picturing myself in these rooms.  They are me.  In my head, not my life. Are they you?




It's the details, like the barely-there half inch of contrast banding on the drapes, that get me.  I love that attention to perfection (didn't mean to ryhme).





The embroidery on these silk drapes is just gorgeous.  I could watch the grass grow out that window, in this chair...





What can I say, I will always love checks in any size...




Loving this shot of a living room, too.  The thing I love about English Country is that it is so homey and comfortable.  I'm not much for the romantic part of it, the big cabbage roses or the chintz.  Just the worn-in patina of it.




What style speaks to you?

Talk to you soon,
Carol







4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the first and last images - elegant and perfectly edited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the grayed-down colors. Even though the first image is very formal, you could pull off the same look with more humble surfaces. I would love to have a floor painted in the same pattern. I'm also really digging the last living room. I just recently noticed these crystal lamps. You can pick up vintage ones for the song on etsy. Really nice images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos show a much lighter, more Scandinavian-inspired rendition of English Country style than I'm used to seeing. Scandinavian style is my favorite--I love how the contemporary style takes cues from the older, Gustavian design and runs with it to create something new and unique. I'm not so much on the checks and plaids, but the softness of these rooms is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These images are wonderful...you are so luck to have it..they all looks so comfy and Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete