Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Would You Fix Your Own Plumbing?

I wouldn't.  I don't know a thing about it.  I might give it a try, knowing all the while where the plumber's phone number is.  And it would be someone I was referred to.  By someone I know.  Someone who thought he (or she) did great work  That's why you hire a designer, too.

So, if you don't have a clue how to decorate or design in your home, why wouldn't you hire a professional?  Same concept as the plumber.

I just commented on Maria's post An Argument for Decorating at Colour Me Happy (go read it when you leave here, it's really good), and what I said at the end of my comment was...

"Why would you go it alone in the place that holds your life?"

Think about it.  I had to share it.  Your home is a bit of your soul, shared with the ones you love every day. No one will notice the dated cabinets when the atmosphere hugs you when you come in the front door.  Oh, and the coffee pot is on.

Talk to you soon,
Carol

3 comments:

  1. I agree. Some things you can't just do alone.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Xo,
    E&J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most people don't have a clue that they don't have a clue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree. Like An Urban Cottages' comment. Most people don't have a clue that they don't have a clue. Unfortunately that goes for some of the people that actually hire a designer and still want to completely control the job.

    ReplyDelete