Monday, October 20, 2014

High Point Highlights and New Blues in the Shop

  Hi all!  I made a super quick trip to High Point for the furniture and accessories show.  I couldn't bare to miss it, even if I was only able to go for a day and a half.  I can never stay away!

This image is from my absolute favorite room at Wesley Hall...




The trends I saw included a continuation of fresh, clean colors, but with some earth tones mixed in, particularly in butterscotch (a fave of mine) and darker greens, going to olive.  Here are random shots of things that caught my eye...


Leather and lucite bench?  Yes please!



Painted wood tile flooring -- to die for.




I always stop to stare at botanicals, and a rabbit always gets me, too...







This tray is petrified wood.  How I would love this in my house...




Speaking of wood, this live edge coffee table had my thumbs up...



Good chairs always make my heart race.  Perhaps sad, but true! ;-)










This ghost chair knocked my socks off...






The mix of textures and styles in this setting really appealed...





I think one of the coolest things this market was these coffee and end tables, done in a custom Pantone combination (you can pick any three colors you want),  and sealed with an almost indestructible finish.  I would mix these in any traditional setting...




I could have stayed in High Point all week, but not doable this time around.  But a bit of time is better than none.  Personally, I think it's critical in this industry to see and feel what's new and next. 

And for new and next, I want to show you two items I'm loving in the shop.  A stunning blue and white, coral and seashell motif soap dish, and cobalt blue majolica in the cabbage pattern.  There is a limited quantity of each, so don't wait, my blue and white peeps!!



Shop it at 6 Wilson



Find it at 6 Wilson


Hope you are having a great start to the week!!  Thanks for stopping by,

7 comments:

  1. How fun to customize tables like that. Looks like so much inspiration on a quick trip. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving watching the ORC, Linda!! Sooo many link ups, too! Great stuff.

      Delete
  2. So wish we had known you were there - would have loved to say hello! We were there for a short visit and it was a complete whirlwind but so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the lucite too. I have a lucite rectangular cocktail table, and a huge lucite sculpture, and I love them.
    Thanks for stopping in to see me. xx's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Carol! I've never been, but would LOVE to go sometime, such gorgeous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i too zipped around high point like a mad woman, 2 days. love the images you spot lighted and you shops dazzling bowls!
    debra

    ReplyDelete