Sunday, March 9, 2014

Blue and White and Chinoiserie, plus More Trays are In, Too!!

My love affair with blue and white is getting a bit out of control.  But then, can you really love it too much?   And do you know what's the funniest thing?  I don't own any!  Aside from my Lenox ivory china with a cobalt rim from my wedding days (which I still love), and a few pieces of cobalt pottery, nope, nada, I own none of it.  But that's going to change very soon.

In the meantime, I will continue to bring it to you.  Check out these gorgeous babies...



 I heard you gasp.  Yes indeed.  Stunners.  They are vintage Doulton Burslem in the Madras pattern.  There are three of them, and how gorgeous they would be on a wall.  Maybe around a gold mirror, or my preference would be with something a bit more casual. You can find them in the shop.




 And it those weren't enough, hold on, because I have the platter, too!  Crazy beautiful not only for its pattern, but you can tell it's old because it isn't assembly line perfect.  When I saw it at the dealer I bought it from, I eyed the place to make sure I didn't have to take anyone out if they were going near it.  No joke.



(It doesn't come with the egg, you have to get your own, but I put it there to give you size perspective ;-).   The size is 17" x 14".  You can see more of this platter here.

In other chinoiserie news,  I got another pair of handmade trays in, and I am as excited to offer them to you as I was the first time!  Here they are, the rectangle and the octagonal...




If you would like to purchase either of these trays, please email me at Shop6Wilson@gmail.com, and I will PayPal invoice you as I cannot sell them through Etsy because I did not make them.  Shipping is $20, within the U.S.   You can read more about these trays in this post, and please do so if you are seriously interested, so that you have the details on their unique characteristics.

Here's a reminder of what these trays look like styled...




 And one last little bit of blue and white to start your week...




This sweet little Royal Copenhagen dish makes the perfect little jewelry holder by your kitchen sink or bedside table.    It is listed in the shop here.

Well, my 6 Wilson friends, I hope your week is a good one, filled with what you love (especially a little blue and white ;-) .

Talk to you soon and thanks for stopping by,

2 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with the Madras pattern - so beautiful and such vivid color!!! That platter is a showstopper, Carol. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loi, thanks, I think it is, too! It really made me stop and stare when I saw it. The pattern was new to me, too, which is fun for a change! Have a good week ;-)

      Delete