Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Middlebury Consignment and Some Decorating Inspiration

I've been dying to go to Middlebury Consigment in Middlebury, Connecticut for quite some time, and when I finally got there today it did not disappoint!  It's huge




They not only do an amazing selection of high quality consignment, they mix in new pieces as well.  Here are a few pieces of consignment that I really liked...



There were four of these David Francis chairs that were just gorgeous (I'd opt for changing the seat fabric).  Then there was a beautiful farm table and rustic/classic chairs that I was ready to throw in the back of my car...



I was just nuts for the casual elegance of them, and I had my entire dining room redone in my head by the time I walked away. (hmmm... I think a design board may be in order...)




I was crazy for this washed oak number, too, for a client I've yet to meet.  I can see it in a kitchen breakfast nook, with two of the chairs on one side and a built-in banquette under lots of windows on the other side of the table.  Long, linen blue and white large-patterned drapes flanking those windows.  Squishy down pillows on the banquette.  A more modern chandelier.  Are you with me?



There's a section full of new and interesting kitchen gadgets and such.  I almost passed out I love it so much...




I thought these little votives would make a great addition en masse to a fall table...




I must confess I snapped this next picture as inspiration for my Christmas table decorating...




I'm thinking of making something similar (these were all wire branches and very cool).  I'll post it when it's that time ;-)  Are you with me on this one, too -- can you see it?  Oh yes, it's going to happen.  Can you say pinecones and lights and candles...

Really, the store goes on for 4 floors, with a beautiful design center, too, where you can do custom bedding, wallpaper, and more.  I own the place in my dreams.

And if the shopping weren't enough, they have an outstanding cafe, and there is an amazing kitchen next to it where you can eat at the "kitchen counter" and watch the cooks (the dining room is off to the right)...


I can't help but share a great place when I find one.  Really, if you live within driving distance (off Rt 84 in Waterbury Ct), it's totally worth the trip.  I was not, by the way, asked to blog about this.  I was completely moved to do it!!

Hope you all are having a good week.  Talk to you soon,
Carol

1 comment:

  1. Oh that looks like so much fun! Wish I was closer - I would love a fun day shopping and lunch with you :D

    ReplyDelete