Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Before and After: Barstool Makeover

I had been looking for a couple of months (no lie) for barstools for my client's kitchen.  She was very specific about what she wanted.  Wood with some upholstery.  Low back. Just like what she had, only different...

So one day, while in the kitchen discussing a different project, it dawned on me! (Hello, where had my head been?)  Let's reinvent the barstools she already had, since the wood tone, height etc were already perfect.  They just needed fabric.  And they were built just right to take on some fabric.

Here are the before and afters.  Not my greatest photography, but you'll get it...





The before shots were at her house (with the barstool in the dining room., so I could lay it on the floor and not scratch it).  The afters are in our showroom after the upholsterer dropped them off.





Is my upholsterer amazing or what?




My client's island is wood, but her cabinets are off white with a hint of gray.  Here's the fabric (by Pollack) close up, next to the granite.


I couldn't be more pleased with how they came out.  Next time I'm out at the house, I'll take a picture with the barstools at the island.

Thanks for reading!  And if you're in the mood for shopping, stop by my shop 6 Wilson and see what's new.

Talk to you soon,
Carol


2 comments:

  1. That looks stunning. What a perfect solution to your problem. I do that too.. look for something I have my mind set on and then can't find it for years! Fabric is wonderful. Your upholsterer rocks! xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great. Did they have to replace the seats with a new piece of wood? The client must be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete