Sunday, February 12, 2012

Traditional Bedroom: Design Board Winner

Let me tell you, what a dream space my design board winner, Kitty, has!  She asked me for a neutral bedroom of grays and beige, with a pop of color.  Here it is, then I'll explain...





Kitty wanted something traditional, with slip covers for her existing chairs, maybe a sisal, and she has the round table that needs some refinishing (it's oak, and I'm suggesting she strip and wax it for a natural look).  She sent me some inspiration pictures that showed pops of color, but wasn't sure how to incorporate it.  Because she also sent me pictures of some beautiful 4 x 6 orientals she's collected in her travels, I went with red as the "pop."  What I see in this space is putting one of those rugs in the small area that you see behind that open door.  Then, the color gets picked up in the room with the pillows.

Here are some before pictures...


(This is where one of the beautiful orientals with red should go.)




How much would you love to have this ceiling??  A few of you asked, since you know I love to do windows, how I was going to handle the angles by the windows.  My answer to Kitty is to leave the rod she has, as is.  It really is the only option.  And, this room must have panels to balance the ceiling.




Being an avid DIYer, Kitty is going to be sewing the panels, pillows and slipcovers herself, along with redoing the table.  This will go a long way toward staying within her budget.

I hope you've enjoyed this process!  And, if you'd like me to tackle your space, click on Design Services here or next to my picture and let's get started.

Happy Sunday,
Carol

7 comments:

  1. Carol! This is so beautiful. I think this is one of your prettiest rooms. I wish it was mine! Kitty is such a lucky lady to have your services. I can't wait to hear what she thinks.
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love! It's really beautiful. In the photo with the slipcovered chairs, the walls look dark gray/brown which I think would also be very handsome. I love the punches of red too.

    Excellent job! I hope we'll get to see the result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job, Carol! That was a great space to work with. Love your design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using her rugs as inspiration for the pop of color in this room. And her ceiling is really great - what a neat detail to enjoy. And cheers to Kitty for taking on the sewing as well. I can't wait to see what she does. Great collaboration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Kitty! We will all look forward to your progress -- you and I are the same kind of DIY people; there is nothing I won't tackle, either! So I will be extra excited to see what you do!

    It is a joy for me to help people love their spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Kitty! We will all look forward to your progress -- you and I are the same kind of DIY people; there is nothing I won't tackle, either! So I will be extra excited to see what you do!

    It is a joy for me to help people love their spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun love the board, I need to figure out how to make those!
    x
    Maria

    ReplyDelete