Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Bathroom Floors

I'm working on three different client bathrooms, major cosmetic overhauls, and I've got bathroom floors on the brain.  Let's look at a few, shall we?

This floor totally caught my attention today when I was reading Conspicuous Style.  It's by Canadian designer Sarah Richardson.  Isn't this striping brilliant? (I'm all about that wallpaper, too.)


Sarah Richardson


(All the rest of these images are from the BGH Designer Showcase.)

One of my clients is considering a pebble floor (I'd call it smooth river rock, sounds more friendly), but she can't visualize it, so here are some images to help her  (yes! do it!  it will be gorgeous!)...


Andreas Charalambous



Beth Haley  





Gail Drury

The one above is exactly the look of the one I am proposing, although we are considering it in a stunning blue-green, with white tiles and a border of sea glass around the tub.  My client's feet are a little cold, though, so perhaps we will seek alternatives (no....no.....noooo...).  :-)


Shelly Riehl David
What I love about pebble floors is that incredible texture beneath bare feet.  It would take me to another place every morning.

Would you do a pebble floor?

Talk to you soon,
Carol
PS  The blog is in the middle of a makeover, looking kind of identity-challenged.  But as you'll see, I'm going to go orange -- my favorite color to wear for as long as I can remember.  (And no, Tangerine Tango had no influence!)  Love is love, and I decided to take my signature color to my blog. :)


4 comments:

  1. Whoa! The new header was a surprise. I like it! Lots!!

    I do love those Sarah Richardson striped floors. VERY beautiful.

    The pebble floors, not so much. All I can imagine is myself, on hands and knees, scrubbing those suckers for all eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol! Thank you thank you for such nice comments today on my blog and Marianne's. I LOVE your new header - clean pure simple. And like the color. REALLY Love that you are using your name. Mine is still a work in progress - I am not happy with it but had to change it as I have changed my business name. I am having a graphic designer work on a new logo for my cards and letterhead and am hoping maybe I can put that on my blog as well. I'm glad you like what I have though ;D
    Always great to hear from you, xo Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm hmmm, I love that striped floor. It's really cool, but still classic in a way that won't date.
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Sarah Richardson bathroom is gorgeous, but as soon as you wrote pebble, my feet started to tingle with excitement. I immediately thought texture! Is the grouting process the same I assume with the pebble flooring? I hope your client decides to go ahead with it. As I clicked over to your blog I thought things were looking different - it looks great. And I'll have to follow along with you on Pinterest too. Enjoying your blog Carol!

    ReplyDelete