Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Why I'm Expanding 6 Wilson and What's New

  I am so excited about expanding 6 Wilson I can hardly stand it!  Today is my one year anniversary on Etsy, and it's been great.  It's an amazing way to connect with customers, and bring to the market place the things I find beautiful.  But it's not enough for me.  You see, I love doing interiors.  Like can't breathe kind of love.  And I want to offer you more.




Sooo, I spent the past two days in New York City, at the NY Now gift and accessory show, with my pal Robin (a fantastic Interior Designer in Rhode Island :) searching for beautiful things that represent 6 Wilson style.  Here are just a couple of the things that caught my eye...


Hand blocked linens,





exquisite handmade and hand painted Chinese porcelain from the porcelain district in China (this is not mass produced factory stuff)...




gorgeous food safe plates from an artist in Turkey...




lovely throws made in Maine...



and these funky, beachy candlesticks for a bit of humor and interest for your summer home.




This are just a peek at what might be coming to 6 Wilson when it goes ".com".   It's all in the planning stages now.  I am beyond thrilled to use my interior decorating skills to put together a small shop that will (hopefully!) speak to you and your own design style. 

In the meantime, please continue to visit me at 6 Wilson on Etsy, for handmade, one of a kind pillows and vintage finds.  Oh, and yes, I will continue to offer my pillows even as I grow the shop ;-).

If you're getting all the snow I am today, stay safe and warm, wherever you are!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your expansion! It sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so funny! My sister was there too! She works for the company that produces the Gift Show (GLM). She's always sending me pictures of beautiful things as she strolls the aisles. I am so jealous! Can't wait to hear about your new endeavor. Best, Beth C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you the best Carol in your new year, new plans, and expanding the biz. Love your plans and know you'll be successful! xo NANCY

    ReplyDelete