Sunday, September 15, 2013

Navy and Orange Living Room

I'm at it again.  Creating a room using a pillow as inspiration.  Call me nuts, but I've always loved orange (if you've been following for any length of time you're rolling your eyes), and paired with navy?  Gorgeous.

Here's today's room, inspired by the pillows on the love seat (from 6 Wilson, of course...)





 Here's how I came up with the room...

I knew I wanted orange chairs opposite the pillows, and these Mitchell Gold leather swivels totally fit the plan of an eclectic space rooted in tradition.  (Yup.  That's what I like.  Everything I do rooted in a bit of traditional elements.)

The Surya rug has a traditional feel with a modern twist, and brings the Ben Moore Hale Navy walls with Dove White trim to the floor to ground the space. 

Next up, an Ethan Allen antique inspired settee in white and a beige and white faux bois fabric, relating to both the rug and the linen window treatments, pulling those three elements together.  I'm sorry to say I pulled the lamp and side table from my unmarked (!) file, so I don't have a source.

And, if you can't live without the fabulous F. Schumacher linen trellis pillows, you can find them here. (hee hee!)

Thanks for reading, and have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. This is very cool. I love how the end table shape relates to the pillow. And the contrast between the traditional settee and the mod chairs is great.

    That lamp is like the vintage one I left behind at the Hudson consignment shop. Damn it!

    ReplyDelete